We set up The Colebrooke Centre to help improve the effectiveness of systems and services for children and families by promoting and applying an evidence-informed approach to their design and delivery. It is supported by these objectives:
- to apply an evidence-informed perspective to assist in the design of better health and social care systems and services for children, families and others
- to apply learning and tools from implementation science to the delivery of better services, and to improve behaviours and practice
- to synthesise and disseminate learning from international research and practice on all aspects of effective design and implementation of services for children, families and others
- to undertake research and evaluation studies in the areas of intervention and implementation science and practice
- to inform and educate the research, policy and practice communities on developments in implementation science and its potential applications
- to contribute to scientific, policy and practice debates in the field of implementation science and practice
- to build capacity within the four nations of the UK in implementation science, policy and practice.