Tailored support, tailored advice
Contributing to the knowledge base
Research shows that all aspects of a service affect the ease and quality of implementation – from the policy and systems context, though its design, to its method of delivery. In turn, quality of implementation affects the results. We can assist policy makers and providers to use knowledge to improve all aspects of service implementation through tailored, hands-on technical assistance.
The Colebrooke Centre offers a range of support and development assistance, including:
- needs analysis for the development of new systems and services
- new service design using evidence-informed techniques and tools
- existing service review, benchmarking of implementation quality and best practice analysis and support
- research and evaluation on all aspects of implementation
- synthesis and analysis of implementation-relevant evidence tailored to specific organisational, system or project requirements
- developing in-house organisational capacity in using, commissioning and doing implementation research
- advice on evidence-informed organisational development and delivering change
As longstanding researchers and analysts of what works, (and why, and how), we contribute to the national and international knowledge base through publishing and by engaging in practical and scholarly debates about service improvement. We also act as a resource for sharing and building knowledge with colleagues in the practice, policy and research communities.